Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An ISTJ Nightmare

This is a true story.  I actually had this dream about a month before the trip.  When the trip to Australia was first introduced, one of my friends wanted to "wing-it."  To which I replied, "You do realize Australia is about the same size as the United States?  And we only have a two week vacation?  No, we are not 'winging-it.'"  So, we compromised.  There was a mix of planning and non-planning.  Since we were seeing several different parts of Australia and we had domestic flights to get places, we need to have some sort of itinerary.

And we did.  There were three of us going, so each one took a different location on our trip to plan.  One person had Brisbane, one had Sydney, and one had Ayer's Rock.  The last location fell to me by default since I was the only one over 25 and could rent the car we needed.  We had a rough sketch of our plane details and excursions in each area.

No wonder I had the following nightmare.  First, I dreamt that a bunch more people came on the trip then we had planned.  Second, one of them wanted to take a vote on what we were going to do.  I think that was the more stressful part.  Take a vote??  We already had an itinerary, we're not changing things just because more people arrived.  There's no voting after we arrive to change the trip!!  I'm all about flexibility within the itinerary, but not changing set plans that have reservations.

I think this dream stems from many times sitting at coffeehouses waiting for friends to figure out what everyone wants to do.  Don't get me wrong.  I love coffeehouses, and spending many hours there in good conversation.  What frustrates me is sitting there talking about what to do next for hours on end.

In response, my sub-conscious produced this dream...    


No comments: